Preparing For Your First Appointment
We want to give you the best possible patient experience at each visit. Here are a few things you can do to help us make that happen:
- Bring an updated list of your medications to your visit
- Be sure to complete your paperwork fully and include all your medication and environmental allergies, your surgical history and your social history.
- Be sure and bring a copy of your insurance cards and your photo ID
- Let the schedulers and the nurse know the full extent of the problem you are having
- Allow about 15 minutes before your appointment to complete your paperwork if you did not do it on the portal before your visit
- If you complete your paperwork on the patient portal, please know it may take up to 24 hours for all the information to fully transmit to our system.
- If you are coming for your first therapy appointment, wear something comfortable, similar to what you wear to exercise. If you’re being seen for your shoulder, consider wearing a button up shirt.
- We appreciate patients who arrive a few minutes early. However, we do see patients in order of appointment time and not arrival time.
About Our Clinic
Each of our doctors sees patients in the clinic two days per week and performs surgeries at the hospitals on the remaining days.
We make every effort to schedule our clinic to run on time. However, because our surgeons take trauma call at the hospital, there are times when their clinic must be interrupted, delayed or rescheduled due to a life or limb threatening situation. If possible, we will notify you as soon as we are made aware and give you the opportunity to reschedule or choose to wait for the surgeon.
We appreciate 24 hours notice for any appointment that can’t be kept. This allows us to notify patients who may be waiting for an appointment and give them an opportunity to be seen sooner.
If your doctor orders additional testing
If your doctor orders an Imaging Study such as an MRI or CT scan, you can expect the following:
- Our staff will check with your insurance carrier to see if authorization is required. If this is required, it can take up to 3 days to be approved by your insurance carrier
- Once authorization is received, we will send the order to the imaging center of your choice or the center your insurance company mandates
If your doctor orders physical therapy
- Where you complete your therapy is completely up to you, but if you aren’t sure where to go, we can help you make that decision based on any insurance requirements, where you live and many other factors
- Our staff will send an order for physical therapy to the facility you choose
- If you choose to complete your therapy here in our office, you can be assured of the following:
- Our staff will check with your insurance for any required authorizations and will get an estimate of your financial responsibility, this can take up to 3 days depending on your insurance carrier
- Our therapists are highly trained in orthopedic conditions because they work with orthopedic patients almost exclusively.
- Our doctors will be in close contact with your therapist and the therapist will make him aware of any concerns that arise
- See our physical therapy tab under conditions & Services for more information